Library History

Since 1945, library services have been available to residents of Coaldale and surrounding area. The Coaldale Centennial Library building was opened on June 10, 1967. An extension to the library was added as part of Alberta's 75th Birthday Celebration and opened March 1981. A further addition to the building was completed in 2003, giving much needed space for materials and for programming.